On 18th May, 2014 (6 hours of service)
So, This was my 1st day at spiel kiosk. At the morning, I helped everyone getting started with their jobs such as heating the sausage heater, organising go carts and barriers and taking the fence off. After we opened, there was a bunch of 50 kids who just rammed into the place. I had a co - volunteer named Timo Bonomelli. We were responsible for renting the go carts to people. It was mostly him doing the talking as he was fluent in german therefore I decided to step up and asked him to talk to me in german and also give me an opportunity to talk to people. After then, I had some problems understanding some people but I managed to get my point across that language barrier.
Soon, after about 3 hours, there were about 150 people at the spiel kiosk. It also got harder to manage the children because all wanted to try go carts but we had only 2. It was shocking to know that they had no system to manage people. Soon I decided to make a log, so that people can write their name and it will be easier to track them.
Today, I just worked on the service portion. It was a great day!
So, This was my 1st day at spiel kiosk. At the morning, I helped everyone getting started with their jobs such as heating the sausage heater, organising go carts and barriers and taking the fence off. After we opened, there was a bunch of 50 kids who just rammed into the place. I had a co - volunteer named Timo Bonomelli. We were responsible for renting the go carts to people. It was mostly him doing the talking as he was fluent in german therefore I decided to step up and asked him to talk to me in german and also give me an opportunity to talk to people. After then, I had some problems understanding some people but I managed to get my point across that language barrier.
Soon, after about 3 hours, there were about 150 people at the spiel kiosk. It also got harder to manage the children because all wanted to try go carts but we had only 2. It was shocking to know that they had no system to manage people. Soon I decided to make a log, so that people can write their name and it will be easier to track them.
Today, I just worked on the service portion. It was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment